Senior Software Developer / Architect / Dev Ninja (Durham, NC)
Local Job Posting for friend. This is a good position for a high quality ColdFusion person who understands start up culture and wants to make a difference!
We are seeking a Senior Web Developer / Architect / Dev Ninja to join our team. Be a part of a young organization with a disruptive idea and good momentum in need of your technical creativity and expertise. The chosen candidate would have the opportunity to help establish the processes and standards for the team and contribute to high-level architectural decisions. We want someone who has "been there and done that" who can help us plan for the future and avoid common growing pains as the team and application increase in scale.
The goal of our company and application is to increase efficiencies in athletic organizations by leveraging the latest technologies to improve collaboration, communication and data analysis. Our application is used daily by coaches and athletes at several top universities and your contributions would have a direct impact of the workflows of these organizations. We are a small and informal but fast-paced team that likes to have fun while delivering impactful solutions.
- Collaborate on technical vision and direction for application and integration with other systems or devices.
- Produce code in a timely manner that is reliable, scalable and secure.
- Provide guidance on refining the entire SDLC including requirements, project management, source control and deployment.
- 5+ years of development and architecture experience working on a large web application.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and methodologies including common design patterns with knowledge of ColdFusion or other java technology preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability or previous experience with scalability concepts and strategies such as caching at various levels in the stack.
- Experience with TDD and unit testing.
- Good knowledge of relational database systems and SQL would be preferable.
- Ability to write technical and functional specifications.
- Experience with Agile concepts and methodologies.
This is a full-time position and you would be expected to either live in the Triangle area or be close enough to spend most of your time at our office located in Durham, NC. Please send a resume and links to any previous projects if possible to jobs [at] lasllc [dot] com