I'm posting this job opportunity for a friend. This opportunity is for a mid-level ColdFusion developer who is entrepreneurially minded and wants to be a key member of a growing and exciting team. Slackers need not apply! If you are interested, Contact Me with your resume text and contact info and I'll pass the information on to the right person.
Job DescriptionWe need a mid-level programmer to aid in the development on our Coldfusion platform. The system was developed in 2005 as a Content Management, Ecommerce, and Ticketing system. The Company has been growing very quickly over the past 2 years, with explosive growth in 2010. In order for the Company to continue to grow they must increase their efficiency and build more automated processes into the platform.
This programmer will report to the team lead and will be responsible for delivering well-written, quality software as a team member both on time and within scope.
- Function both independently as well as within a team, participating in on-going prioritization, management, development, testing and delivery of internal and external-facing web applications
- Consult with management to identify requirements and priorities for web product development, as well as opportunities to improve Paid's performance of this function. Administer, tune and troubleshoot any of the applications in our web applications portfolio
- Estimate, justify, and communicate budget requirements for projects
- Aid in post-project documentation
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments. Research new technologies and provide recommendations
- 3+ years experience with ecommerce platforms & content management systems
- Experience dealing with large-scale order processing and manifesting systems a plus
- Direct experience in high-volume, large-scale, web-based applications
- 3+ years building web applications in a code managed, multi-tier development environment with process release management in place
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server specifically, including experience with: Relational Database design, along with creation of stored procedures and user-defined functions
- 3+ years experience with ColdFusion specifically, including experience with: Coldfusion specific development - CFCs, custom tags
- Understanding of ColdFusion Server development environment (mappings, application architecture, variable scoping, client/session management, error handling, transactions, etc.)
- Proficiency with Subversion
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Position available in our new Westborough, MA offices. While the role will require interaction with the actual day-to-day processes and individuals performing those tasks, we are flexible and allow for day(s) of telecommuting per week.
Direct candidates only at this time. (No agencies please)