I don't post too many jobs on my blog, but this specific job is with a really cool company and (more importantly) working for a really cool manager named Isaac. I used to work for Isaac and he is a really good manager who knows how to let technical people be superstars.
This position is full-time, full benefits and on-site so please keep that in mind when you apply. You'd be right in the thick of Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, which is a great area, even ranked in the top 10 by Rolling Stone for the music scene. Oh, and Hey! We'd be neighbors.
If you are interested in applying for the position, simply drop me a quick note and let me know. I'll make arrangements to get your resume. No agencies please.
Here is the information for the company:
Digitalsmiths provides the industry's only studio-grade, video monetization solution with an advanced metadata framework that empowers digital media companies to distribute and publish video content across multiple screens, open up new revenue streams for film and TV assets, build audience, increase viewer consumption and boost audience engagement.
Digitalsmiths full time employees receive comprehensive benefits including stock options, vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance and retirement program. We have a relaxed, open and collaborative work environment where both achievement and fun are valued and everyone plays a key role.
The Research Triangle Park area is a great place to live, work, raise a family, and enjoy life. The area is within a couple hours drive to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Our natural beauty is a boon for the outdoor enthusiast. There are typically 220 days of sunshine per year with rain being well distributed throughout the year. There are award winning restaurants, as well as, a good variety of art, music and entertainment. Please visit http://www.digitalsmiths.com to learn more about the company.
Here is the information for the position and desired skills:
The Senior Software Engineer position reports to an Engineering Team Lead or directly to Engineering Management and is responsible for designing and implementing software products and services. Candidates should have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science related technical field of study plus at least three years of work experience using Flex/ActionScript. Five years experience with software engineering and familiarity and desire to work with Flex/ActionScript may be accepted in lieu of three years of experience with Flex/ActionScript.
All candidates must be comfortable working in a fast paced early stage environment with tight deadlines.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Deliver engaging, state-of-the-art, high quality products.
- Design and implement product initiatives under general supervision.
- Produce accurate estimates and participate in daily task tracking activities.
- Adhere to core design, development and testing principles set by team and group leadership.
- Produce clear and thorough technical documentation.
- Other duties as needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
- Demonstrated expertise in AS3, Flex, MXML, and the Flash runtime.
- Demonstrated competence in at least one programming language other than ActionScript.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming and Design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Other Skills and Technologies that are desirable include:
- Experience with MVC (e.g. Cairngorm, Mate, PureMVC, Spring).
- Knowledge of software design patterns and architecture.
- Experience writing Flex custom components.
- Experience with Web service development using AMF, SOAP, REST, XML-RPC, and XML.
- Experience with Unit Testing and Continuous Integration using Flex in a team environment.
- Experience with media player design using Flash and ActionScript.
- Experience with Digital media (FFMPEG, FLV, MPEG4, MP3, AAC, WMV, 3GP, etc.)
- Experience with source control (SVN is a plus).
- Experience with bug tracking/defect management (Bugzilla is a plus).
- Exposure to agile development (SCRUM, Lean).